Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Running Low on Excuses

As I see my Hawaiian sun kissed skin fade back into vampire white, I realize how long it has been since I have lost weight. I had a goal, Hawaii, and that has come and gone... I am only half way through my journey and I had a feeling I'd get stuck here.

I have a lot of legit excuses as to why I didn't continue the race;

1.) We had to cancel the gym membership
2.) It's been bad weather
3.) The kid has been sleeping in my "dvd work out area" due to lack of a bed
4.) We've had to eat what we have which isn't fresh or healthy
5.) My head and heart just haven't been in it because of these factors

But recently I am running low on excuses as my problems are being solved;

1.) I got a job where I can workout before work 3 days a week
2.) The weather is getting better
3.) A friend gave us a toddler bed
4.) My grandma has been buying us groceries every week
5.) My problems are now solved- sure not the way I would have wanted or expected but I really have no more excuses...

So what is holding me back?

I have allowed myself to get comfortable with a lazy routine where I don't work out and I eat like crap- thus I feel like crap and I feel lazy

I really just need to get my head in the game and do the hard thing- jump in the cold water and swim till I like it! Then hopefully get to the point where I don't want to get out!

This is about establishing good habits- Healthy life habits 

1 comment:

saraherichter said...

love it! love you!
let's go for a run!!
<3